In Short for Daniel of Service Attack (DoS) is a type of attack attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Risks Associated with Denial of Service Attacks :-
- Network bandwidth
- Server memory
- Application exception handling mechanism
- CPU usage
- Hard disk space
- Database space
- Database connection pool
Basically this is an important part of Enterprise Security Compliance Check Policy which we should too aware in organization. A DoS attack can be perpetrated in a number of ways. Attacks can fundamentally be classified into five families:-
- Consumption of computational resources, such as bandwidth, memory, disk space, or processor time.
- Disruption of configuration information, such as routing information.
- Disruption of state information, such as unsolicited resetting of TCP sessions.
- Disruption of physical network components.
- Obstructing the communication media between the intended users and the victim so that they can no longer communicate adequately.
Source: Wikipedia, Applicure