Today I want to share How to Create Read-Only User in MySQL using workbench.
- First Go to Users and Privileges option from Workbench
- Click on Add account and give account name and their respective password, after that apply.
- In Users and Privileges box there are 2 other tabs,
Administrative Roles and schema privileges.
- Administrative Roles is Similar to Fixed Server roles of SQL Server.
- Schema privileges is schema level authorization process.
- Select Schema privileges and click on Add Entry.
- Then a Dialog box will come with schema available in server. Now select any schema which privilege we have to configure.
- After that give the appropriate rights which we have to give. As I have selected on select.
- Finally click on Apply.
To check connect with the same user and try to insert/update/delete.