1. What are the security architecture of sql server ? Principal, securable and permission .
2. What are authentication modes of sql server ? Windows mode, and mixed modes ?
3. What is principal and what are principals ?
4. What is securable and what are securable ?
5. What is permissions and what are permissions ?
6. What is roles in sql server ? Fixed server and fixed database role ?
7. What are fixed database roles in sql server ?
8. What are principals at various levels ?
9. What are securable at various levels ?
10. What are major permissions ?
11. What are fixed servers – bulk_admin, sys_admin, disk_admin, server_admin,security_admin
12. What are fixed db Roles – Backup_operator,Data_reader,Data_Writer,Deny_datareader,deny_datawriter,
13. What is difference between GRANT, Deny and Revoke ?
14. What are orphaned users ?
15. How to handle or manage orphaned users ?
16. Explain the process to make logins, create users and give permission to objects ?
17. What is difference between login and users ?
18. What is SSO ?
19. What is Ownership Chain ?
20. Where does Login Stores in Database ?
21. How to give roles or access a login to take backup only .
22. What is the Security Architecture of your organization ?
23. How to transfer logins from one server to another server ?
24. What is difference between Authentication and Authorization ?
25. What is SSCM, SAC and SNAC ?
26. What is default PORT of SQL Server and How to configure ?
27. Can we configure sql port other than 1433. how and why...?
28. What is TDE and How to implement it ?
29. What is Encryption and what are the data encryption method in SQL 2008 ?
30. What is Surface Area Configuration in sql server 2005 ? What we can do with this ?
31. What are Endpoints in SQL Server ? How to configure ?
32. What are the major security Artifacts we should to follow to create a secured Database Environment ?
33. Can we give permission for insert/update without giving select permission to users.