1. What does meant of HA and Load balancing ?
2. What are the features available in SQL Server for HA and LB ?
a. HA- Log Shipping, Mirroring, Clustering, Database snapshot, Backup-Restore.
b. Load Balancing- Replication and Clustering
3. What is RAID ? explain in brief .
4. Explain with example where should we use Which Features of HA and Load Balancing ?
5. What is Log shipping ?
6. Explain the Architecture and Functionality of Log shipping ?
7. What are Primary, Target and Monitor Server ?
8. What are the Jobs running in Log shipping ? Backup, Copy, Restore and Alert.
9. Which jobs are running on which server in log shipping ?
10. What are the Advantages of Log shipping in respect of other features of HA-LB.
11. How to recover Database in case of failover of Primary Server goes down in log shipping scenario ?
12. Does log shipping works in Bulk-Logged recovery ?
13. Does Log shipping works in different version of SQL Server ?
14. What is Mirroring?
15. What the Architecture and Functions of Mirroring Scenario ?
16. Explain the Architecture of Principal, Mirror and witness Server ?
17. What are the modes and types of Mirroring ?
18. What are the Advantage of Mirroring ?
19. What is Synchronous and Asynchronous Mirroring ?
20. What are differences between High Safety and High performance Mode ?
21. How to configure mirroring Session ?
22. What is Transaction Log Buffer ?
23. What is Log Hardening ?
24. What happened when witness goes down ? What to do in .
25. What happened when mirror server goes down ? What to do in .
26. What happened when principal goes down ? What to do in .
27. What are differences between Log shipping and Mirroring ?
28. How do you monitor Mirroring ?
29. What is Endpoint ? What are the Endpoint and TCP Port used in Session ?
30. What is Quorum ?
31. Does Bulk Recovery support Mirroring ?
32. Can we do mirroring on different version of SQL Server ?
33. How to do manual failover in mirroring ?
34. What is Replication ?
35. What are the benefits and Features of Replication ?
36. How do you plan replication ?
37. What are the Architecture of Replication ?
d. Subscription Mode-Push and Pull
f. Replication Type- Transaction, Snapshot, Merged
38. What is Publisher, Distributor and Subscriber ? Explain.
39. What are subscription Models in Replication ?
40. What are differences between Push and Pull Subscription ?
41. What is Articles ?
42. What are the Types of Replication in SQL Server ?
43. What is Snapshot Replication ?
44. What is Transactional Replication ?
45. What is Merge Replication ?
46. How does Snapshot Replication Works ?
47. How does Transactional Replication Works ?
48. What are Agents working in Replication ?
49. Which jobs runs in Transactional Replication ?
50. Which jobs are running in Snapshot Replication ?
51. What are Replication Topology ?
52. How to Add Article in Publisher ?
53. How to check and manage sync from publisher & subscriber articles ?
54. Where does changes store in Replication ?
55. What is Peer-to-peer Replication ?
56. Where does distributors run in push subscription and pull subscriptions ?
57. How to monitor replication ?
58. What is clustering
59. What is Windows cluster ?
60. What is NLB ?
61. What is Failover Cluster ?
62. What is Server Node ?
63. What is Private storage ?
64. What is Shared Disk Array ?
65. What is Quorum Disk ?
66. What is Heart Beat ?
67. What is Looks Alive Check ?
68. What is Failover ?
69. What is Virtual Server ?
70. What is MSDTC ?
71. What is Possible and Preferred owner ?
72. How many IP address required if you need to install sql on 4 node of cluster ?
73. Do we need to configure MSDTC in 2008 Clustering . Explain ?
74. How does the failover happens ?
75. What checks are performed to ensure that another node is up ?
76. What is AAG & Always On Group in Denali ?
77. How to Perform Drain in Cluster ?