1. What are the major facts of monitoring of SQL Server ?
a. Infra Level / Virtual Level / Server Level
b. Instance Level
c. Database Level
d. Application Level
2. What do you use to monitor of SQL Server based IT Infrastructure at various level ?
3. What is Perfmon and what are the major counters do you use to monitor production server ?
4. What is Activity monitor ?
5. What is Profiler and what are the common Counters of Profiler used in Day to Day activity monitoring ?
6. What is DMV ?
7. What are the most common and useful DMV do you use to monitor SQL Server in daily life ?
8. What is DDL Trigger ? How to implement it for monitoring and track changes ?
9. What are the Third party tools you use or used for monitoring SQL Server ?
10. How do you find recent or current running queries and active transactions in your database ?
11. What is Automation Task and which tool of SQL Server Does this ?
12. What is the architecture of SQL Server Agent ?
13. How do you track jobs and logs of sql server agent?
14. How do you check and correct log history of agent ?
15. How do you clear job history and logs of agent ?
16. What is DB Mail or Database Mail ? How to configure it ?
17. What is concurrency ?
18. What is Isolation Level and What are benefit of this ?
19. What is Multi Server Query ?
20. What is Wait State ?
21. What are the tools available in SQL Server for Auditing ?
22. What is Extended Events ?
23. What is Change Tracking ?
24. What is Change Data Capture ?
25. What is SQL Audit ?
26. What is MDW (Management Data Warehouse ) ?
27. What do you do when developers complain that Database Server is slow but actually it is not , please explain ?
28. How do you check blocking and deadlocks ?
29. What do you do when blocking or deadlocks comes ?
30. What are the step we can follow to avoid deadlocks and blocking issues in our database ?
31. What is locks, blocks and Deadlocks ?
32. How to configure Change Tracking ?
33. How to configure Change Data capture ?
34. Write steps to configure MDW ?
35. What is Resource Governor ? How does it works ?
36. What are Work Load group and Resource Pool ?
37. How does Policy Management works ?
38. What are Condition, Facets and objects in PBM ?
39. What is Locking or Locks ? what are the kinds of Locking in SQL Server ?Shared, Exclusive, update,
40. What is Parser, Compiler and Optimizer ?
41. What is SARGS ?
42. What is the Architecture of Transaction ?
43. What are joins in Query Execution Plan ?
44. What is Nested Join ?
45. What is Dirty Read ?
46. What is Concurrency in SQL Server point of View. How to manage it ?47. What is Save Point ?